JODHPUR: Among the survivors, Rajendra Jain (60) from Jaipur had accompanied his wife and daughter, both seriously injured, to Jodhpur for treatment at MG Hospital.
Jain said, “All were enjoying the tour until our bus driver lost the way and entered the narrow village lanes of Maheshpura. After realizing that they had taken the wrong route, the driver turned the bus, but it came into contact with a low hanging high tension wire and caught fire,” he said.
Jain said seeing fire, all rushed to the main gate of the bus to get down but other wire fell over the gate and current spread in the bus. Whosoever tried to go out of the bus, got electrocuted and got ablazed.
“I was also sustained a mild shock but sensing the danger, immediately managed to come out of a window. But my wide and daughter got stuck in the bus. They also somehow managed to come out of the bus but got burn injuries in the attempt,” he said.
Similarly, Darshan Kothati (23) from Chennai, was travelling with his two sisters.
“I was also about to rush to the gate of the bus to hump out as soon as possible. But suddenly I saw the persons at the gate falling prey to the electrocution and immediately turned back, broke the glass of the bus at its rear and jumped out with my sister before the fire could spread,” Kothari said.
Divisinal commissioner of Jodhpur, Rajesh Sharma visited the hospital with IGP Naviyoti Gogo and directed the MG Hospital superintendent Rajshri Behra to ensure better treatment of all the injured.
Jalore District magistrate Himanshu Gupta said bodies have been handed over to their family members after autopsy